West Side Place (WSP) is a A$1 billion complex of four residential and hotel buildings which, when built, will become some of the tallest buildings in Melbourne.
NEN Consulting was asked to review the High Voltage Network Design for WSP. Through our expert design review and risk assessment we identified significant cost savings and improvements to the operability and maintainability of the HV network delivering significant value for our client.
Our services were subsequently engaged to complete a full, detailed re-design. NEN Consulting provided procurement, project management and hands on comissioning support to recover the project and ensure it was delivered without delay to the overall building construction.
The High Voltage Network at WSP includes 12MVA of maximum demand, several kilometers of 11,000 volt cables, 18 transformers, 4 substations and a main switch room as well as a remotely monitored control (SCADA) system.
Our work for this client included:
- Major equipment specication and procurement via closed tender, including transformers, switch gear, cables and SCADA system.
- Procurement of an electrical construction contractor via closed tender including specification and scopes.
- Advice on compliance with relevant standards.
- Detailed electrical system design including layouts, 3D models, engineering models and calculations, wiring and protection design and SCADA system design.
- Preparation and review of project documentation
- Project Management including variation management and interfaces with the builder and other contractors.
- Hands on configuration, programming, wiring and comissioning of the SCADA system.
- Comissioning support and ongoing advice
NEN Consulting was subsequently awarded the design of the second stage of the WSP development.